Friday, November 12, 2021

NaNoWriMo & beyond

I am doing NaNoWriMo this year but it is a bit slow going due to some back pain issues. I basically am writing just not to get done on November 30. I will get my first draft done in December. Not a big deal. I will do additions and edits over the holidays and sub in early 2022. It will be a great way to start the new year.

The book I’m writing is tentatively called “The Pilot’s Nightingale Bride.” I think it is pretty obvious that the hero is a pilot and the heroine is a nurse. I hope to make this a trilogy of books set around the Battle of Normandy, the invasion of the Allies into Nazi occupied France. It is a period of history I am very interested in. I think it started back when I was young and watched the old movie The Longest Day [trailer]. Unfortunately there is no mention of the women who also served, like the flight nurses or the nurses who treated men in beach hospitals. Yes, they were there a few days after D-Day.

With the upcoming release of The Nightingale movie in late 2022 (an excellent book by the way, highly recommended) maybe more publishers will be open to World War II romances. That book is women’s fiction, but hopefully more interest will be sparked around WWII set romances. I would love to write some books set about Pearl Harbor and the Pacific theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

I am moving the site to Blogger. I hardly ever post, so why not do it there for free? Besides, it is secure too. The URL will remain www.iwr...