Tuesday, June 15, 2021

6/15/2021 Update

So a lot has gone on in my world over the past year. I got divorced. I moved. I had rotator cuff/shoulder surgery. I was out of work for 10 weeks to recover and was not ready to go back to work because of the pain. I ended up leaving my job, retiring from nursing. Between my divorce and surgery, I met the man I am going to spend the rest of my life with. It is because of him, I was able to retire early and work on going back to writing full time. That’s where I am right now.

While I plot my WII romance in my head, and a bit in a bullet journal, I have taken up a hobby: Magic The Gathering. I’m loving collecting the cards, but not overly good at play. I’m still learning. In turn, it sparked friendships with other nerdy people (which I feel very comfortable with). We are playing some MTG together and starting some DND. I have little to no experience with DND, so I am looking forward to it. My character is a wood elf druid bard. Yeah, I may have gone a little complicated, but I love the concept. I got the image of her from a MTG card I found online. My fiancĂ© is also participating in some MTG events but more so with DND.

So, okay, I am still healing up from major surgery in March. Movement is difficult at times but getting better. I am in physical therapy, or as I like to say, torture. I made some writing goals for myself to get 50K done by the end of July. It is a historical romance set during WWII that I am tentatively calling The Pilot’s Nightingale Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

I am moving the site to Blogger. I hardly ever post, so why not do it there for free? Besides, it is secure too. The URL will remain www.iwr...