Friday, August 6, 2021

Updates from the Momma Bear

I have not been writing too much lately as I let my shoulder heal. Recovery has been slower than I thought, but it is apparently right on the doctor’s time table. I did quit my job to heal after my short tern disability ran out and I realized I was not ready to go back. Just holding my arm up for a mouse is a struggle. It is better than it was, but still, I end up in a lot of pain later in the day if I strain myself. I am getting back to things though. I have a schedule for myself to get done a first draft of my WWII romance by my wedding next month. By the time I get back from my honeymoon, I will be ready for edits and rewrites.

In addition to recovering and plotting to write, I have been dealing with personal stuff like a child getting ready for dorm life at college. It’s exciting. It took a year to get this far, but we made it. In case no one really knows, we were in a situation at home no one knew about–abuse. We did get out of the situation and our abuser is awaiting trial, a very long process. (Yes, I said trial. He faces incredibly unpleasant jailtime of a significant time period.) You can guess that the crime is particularly horrible so I can’t even verbalize it. I’m in a better place now and so are my children. One is going off to college this weekend and the other will be finding a part time job with animal care.

Last week I got a tattoo covered, a tattoo that was a reminder of a painful past. As one child heads off to college and in celebration of surviving this ordeal, I decided to get another tattoo–a realistic momma bear and two cubs–on my right shoulder. It won’t be until after the wedding though. I don’t want to be having a healing shoulder tattoo for the wedding. But afterward, I am going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

I am moving the site to Blogger. I hardly ever post, so why not do it there for free? Besides, it is secure too. The URL will remain www.iwr...