Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Quickpad IR transfer

Quickpad IR or Quickpad H45 does work with today’s technology. The Quickpad IR is relatively cheap on eBay and is an economical alternative to the Freewrite (under $20 vs. $350-$500). I couldn’t find how to use the Quickpad on today’s tech, so I had to figure it out for myself.

It takes the Quickpad, a PS/2 keyboard/mouse adapter [like this] and a PS/2 male to male cable [like this].

Plug in the PS/2 cable to the Quickpad, and the other end of the cable into the keyboard adapter port. Plug the USB end into the computer USB port. Open Notepad (or text program of choice. I like notepad because of no formatting to mess with.). The Quickpad will try to go into keyboard mode. Press “Esc”. Select which folder (F1, F2, etc.) you want and the file to be transferred. Hit “Send file” into the open document. The text will type out automatically, much like an Alphasmart.

Click link to find out more about Quickpad IR or Quickpad Pro.

I personally love old tech. I have an Alphasmart Neo2, 2 Alphasmart Danas, 2 Quickpad IRs, and a Quickpad Pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Moving

I am moving the site to Blogger. I hardly ever post, so why not do it there for free? Besides, it is secure too. The URL will remain www.iwr...